Friday, February 14, 2020

Trust Blog





Close your eyes and fall backwards and hope that you will be caught. Trust is no delicate subject and when it comes to the way people trust it can vary. Some people are open and willing while others are reserved. I am a person that will trust cautiously. I believe most if not all the signs of being to trust someone are there.

"When a person shows you who they are...believe them the first time" -Oprah

The way I show others my trust is by keeping my word and by being positive. I think trying to stay out of the drama and being supportive is the way to go. I am not a pot-stirrer. When someone says please don't tell anyone I will NEVER tell them. I respect the privacy of others. I believe that creates a stronger connection with people. I am trustworthy myself. I have a character that is always trying to be respectful.

Honestly, when it comes to trust it takes time to build a bridge. Making connections and getting to know people is the first step. I am not a threat nor will I be one. I just want to support and help. I am friendly and willing to go above and beyond to protect and help you.

Middle school is full of mistrust and all my students are experiencing moments of betrayal. It could be from a parent or a peer. Being a routine person who shows through actions and words that this classroom is a safe place and that they will be protected is the biggest thing I can do.

When I first meet people I get a sense of who they are and by the way they speak about others. I take a long time to make up my mind and for certain people, I find to be more judgmental or hurtful. I stay away from them and don't give opportunity for a relationship. I make them arm's length away. It is much safer and I leave room for a few people who fill my cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment